Alkaline batteries are available as primary (disposable) or rechargeable. Rechargeable alkaline batteries are preferred by many users for a high recharging efficiency.
- Alkaline batteries work through a reaction between zinc and manganese dioxide (Zn/Mc)2)
- Nominal voltage when new is 1.5V, with multiple voltages attainable with a series of cells in a pack
- Alkaline batteries have less environmental impact than other disposable cells
- Ideal for use in most portable household electronic devices, particularly those that do not require a lot of power or are used periodically.
- Available in a wide range of sizes, including AA.